A small green space in the Shiphay ward, Kitson is popular with local families.
A circular path running around the park is perfect for a gentle stroll or a playfull scoot.
A variety of species of mature tree are dotted around the park.
The western entrance to the park is hidden between the houses along Caldewell Lane, marked by a community notice board.
A small wooden bridge crossing the stream marks the eastern border with Torbay Hospital.
Kitson Park was formally opened in May 1966 by the Mayor of Torquay.
Previously a derelict orchard site, Kitson Park was created in early 1966.
Kitson Park was created from part of the gardens to Shiphay Manor. (In 1883 the 17th Century ‘Shiphay Manor’ needed so much repair that the decision was made to knock it down and build a new one. The Kitson family moved back into the rebuilt Shiphay Manor in November 1885.)
The Council proposed that when the new adventure playground was completed it should be named in memory of the late Major R F Kitson, whose family has done so much for the district.