Corbyn Head is close to the town centre of Torquay and is an easy walk from some of the main areas of accommodation. There is a slipway down to the beach and a short promenade.
The land was given by Mr Mallock to the Council as a gift and taken over by the Council in March 1907. Local folklore has it that the name Corbyn is named after Samuel Corbyn who was hanged there as a result of Piracy to ships around the South West coastline.
A Car Park sufficient for 250 cars and a Torquay Airport was planned in 1934, which never took hold, but would have transformed Torquay seafront quite considerably. The headland was once wooded but due to Dutch elm disease, the trees have disappeared.
The remains of an old stone landing pier can be identified just off the beach. This was used hundreds of years ago by Torquay fishermen.